The Home Health Care Manager is responsible for providing quality and efficient service to customers through the daily management of a team of direct care staff, creation of outcome based care plans and promotion of a positive community presence. Additionally, the position is responsible for working directly with funding agency personnel.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Effectively research and develop a community supported living program and business plan
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with agency personnel
- Be an active member of the local community, promote awareness of GT Independence and the services offered
- Foster a positive work environment that attracts, retains, and motivates top quality employees
- Provide ongoing communication, support, and education to clients, families, and caregivers
- Provide daily direction and communication to employees so that Member’s needs and agency requests are answered in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner
- Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures; responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers
- Creates and maintains a high-quality work environment
- Meet with Members to determine individual needs, goals and rate to ensure desired outcomes are met as set by the Agency
- Works as a member/leader of special or ongoing projects that are important to area/process improvement
- Uses appropriate judgment in upward communication regarding department or employee concerns
- Upholds the Company’s Mission and Values
General Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related Human Service Field required.
Job-Related Experience : 2 years of experience relevant to the work performed and previous experience with housing counseling, creating care plans and an outcome based program is preferred.
Skills: Personal computer skills; writing and communication skills. Experience with Microsoft Office products is necessary.
Abilities: Ability to understand and work well with a variety of financial and human service disciplines. Ability to plan and organize the work involved in developing and maintaining a business. Ability to write and speak effectively. Strong ability to participate in a highly effective team. Ability to learn to apply new technology to job requirements.
Work Environment: Work is performed in a typical office setting, in-home member visits on occasion and some travel to agency and community presentations as necessary.