The Infrastructure Technician works within the IT team to implement and support the infrastructure solutions in Sturgis and remote sites. This position is relied upon to expand and improve the network, resolve issues and help GT employees each and every day.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Serve as first point of contact between end-users and IT staff to identify the root cause of an issue.
- Communicate regularly with office staff to ensure computer equipment is working correctly and respond in a timely manner to solve problems.
- Regular, skilled use of more complex machines, including word processors or personal computers; responsible for basic troubleshooting and repair or manipulation of data using published software.
- Keep computers and peripherals up to date and functioning properly.
- Screen complex, technical or specialized literature for referral.
- Make and implement recommendations based on the problem identified.
- Perform routine maintenance and management of infrastructure and systems.
- Support Cloud infrastructure settings and deployment.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Degree in Information Technology preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- CompTIA A+ or Microsoft Certification or equivalent experience a plus
- Ability to identify difference between and resolve hardware and software issues
- Network troubleshooting basics
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 Operating Systems
- Familiar with Microsoft Server Products including, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019 (Active Directory; DHCP; DNS; Print Server)
- Knowledge of installing and managing antivirus software