The Payroll Specialist ensures that paychecks are calculated accurately and efficiently by effectively following departmental procedures and adhering to agency requirements.
Job Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
Accurately and efficiently perform all steps of the payroll process per procedures which includes the following:
- Time-sheet reviewing
- Time tracking
- Proof & post
- Review overlap and overtime reports
- Setup garnishments, support orders and payroll deductions accurately and efficiently.
- Accurately and efficiently complete payroll checklists for assigned agencies. Resolve any discrepancies that may exist in the document.
- Work with team leader to identify strategies for reducing errors that appear on the weekly OAR report.
- Collaborate with the staff to resolve rejected time-sheet issues and reduce out-of-cycle payroll disbursements (RFP’s)
- Uphold company values and mission
- Other duties as assigned
General Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
Job-Related Experience: 1 year of experience relevant to the work performed is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 to $12.50 per hour