GT IndependenceWhere We ServeMarylandCommunity Personal Assistance Services in Maryland

Community Personal Assistance Services

Office of Long-Term Services and Supports (OLTSS)

What are Community Personal Assistance Services in Maryland?

Community Personal Assistance Services help people live independent lives. Rather than going to a group or nursing home, you can stay in your own home and community. To make this possible, the waiver provides many different services, from planning your own support to personal assistance. This includes the ability to hire employed caregivers. GT Independence comes alongside you throughout this process. We help take care of all your paperwork. Including paychecks for your employees.

The goal of this waiver is to help you increase your independence. All so you can live the life you choose. 

Who can get Community Personal Assistance Services?

  • People with chronic illnesses, medical conditions, or disabilities
    • Must need support with activities of daily living
  • Maryland residents
  • Medicaid eligible

With Community Personal Assistance Services, You Can Get…

  • Personal Assistance Services 
  • Supports Planning 
  • Nurse Monitoring 

How GT Independence Supports You

At GT Independence, we believe you should be able to live life on your own terms. As a family-owned and disability-led financial management and counseling service (FMCS), we’ve sat on your side of the table. Our goal is to make it easy and convenient for you to control who delivers your support and how you get that support. 

As your advocates, we’re here to help you live the life you choose. We do this by: 

  • Simple e-enrollment process
  • Online portal with easy-to-read monthly budget reports 
  • Free app to track time and submit timesheets 
  • Support specialists ready to help with questions and counseling 

  •  Online Find a Caregiver directory 
  • Processing payroll and payments to employees 
  • 17+ years serving the aging and disability communities  
  • CARF accredited financial management service 

Want to get started?

Have questions about self-directing your services with Community Personal Assistance? Contact our Maryland support specialists to learn how to get started.

Phone (toll-free): 877.659.4500