Community Alternatives Program for Children
Community Alternatives Program for Children (CAP/C) Overview
With the CAP/C program, you can care for a child who is medically fragile at home, even if they have complicated needs and qualify for a certain level of institutional care. Your child or their representative, such as a parent or guardian, can choose the personal assistant services that best meet their needs. Those services could include a pediatric nurse aide, assistive technology, and special medical equipment. You can also choose to make changes in your home so that your child can move about more easily. And, you can choose to include respite care, among other supports. A case manager can help you create a personal plan and get through the process.
Who CAP/C Serves
- Children aged 20 or under who are medically fragile or complex
- Children who need a certain level of institutional care
- Children needing qualified services, based on a case manager’s assessment
With CAP/C, You Can…
- Be the employer, so you can hire, manage, and even fire employees who care for your child
- Decide what type of training your employees need
- Set a schedule for your employees that meets your child’s needs
- Pay your employees a competitive rate and decide on their benefits
- Submit timesheets from your devices
- Manage your own budget on behalf of your child
- Work with a financial manager who can help handle the paperwork and details under the waiver
- Have your child cared for in your own home and community
How GT Independence Supports You
At GT, we believe that you should have the freedom to choose how to live your life. This includes choosing who provides your child’s personal assistant services.
We take a person-centered approach for your financial management services here at GT. This means we work hard to provide you with an exceptional customer experience. As your advocates for consumer direction, we’re here to help you live the life you choose. We do this by:
- Coordinating your enrollment paperwork
- Conducting background checks for your employees
- Handling time tracking, tax filings, and insurance
- Processing payroll and issuing payments to your employees
- Assisting with verifying your employee’s citizenship status
- Creating and maintaining files
- Helping to answer questions and resolve complaints
Want to Learn More About CAP/C?
Are you ready to learn more? If you have questions about getting started, please get in touch.