The Tax Specialist is responsible for employer tax compliance, filing, and assisting with audits. This includes investigation and analysis of tax payment fluctuations and balances. The Tax Specialist must serve as a liaison with internal and external departments to resolve inquiries regarding tax issues
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Facilitate tax data gathering for preparation of quarterly and annual filings
- Resolve tax issues for external clients
- Have a strong ability to analyze data
- Gather information requested for audits
- Assist in continuous process improvements
- Manage files and client records
- Projects deemed necessary by the Tax Manager
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; Associate Degree preferred. Will substitute degree with applicable experience
- 1-2+ years of experience relevant to the work performed
GT Independence is a national, family-owned organization and a trusted leader in personal and financial services for people in need of home and community-based care throughout the country. We help thousands of people in public health programs across the country find and hire their own personal assistants.
We have a workplace that strives to create trust, autonomy and even fun. We believe that everyone can contribute and that the best employees are intrinsically motivated, so we excel because we respect each other and we love what we do.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour