Consumer-Directed Community Supports
Consumer-Directed Community Supports Overview
Consumer-Directed Community Supports (CDCS) is a program that gives you control of your Medicaid budget. You make the decisions about your services and supports, including who you hire, how they are trained, and how much you pay. You can even hire people you know—such as family, friends, or neighbors.
To start, you create your own Community Support Plan. This plan shows how you will spend your Medicaid dollars, whether paying for people to assist you or buying items that help you live independently.
Who the Consumer-Directed Community Supports Serves
- All ages
- Anyone who is enrolled in one of the following programs:
- Community Alternative Care (CAC)
- Brain Injury (BI) Waiver
- Community Alternative Care (ACA) Waiver
- Community Alternatives for Disabled Individuals (CADI) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities (DD) Waiver
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO)
With the Consumer Directed Community Supports, You Can…
- Hire people you know to provide services and supports, including a parent or spouse
- Buy goods and services that help you live independently
- Be in charge of your own budget
- Decide when and where you should receive services and supports
How GT Independence Supports You
At GT, we believe that you should have the freedom to choose how to live your life. This includes choosing who provides your needed services and supports.
We take a person-centered approach for your financial management services here at GT. This means we work hard to provide you with an exceptional customer experience. As your advocates for self-determination, we’re here to help you live the life you choose. We do this by:
- Coordinating all enrollment paperwork
- Conducting all required employee background checks
- Handling time tracking, tax filings, and insurance concerns
- Processing payroll and issuing employee payments
- Helping persons served and their families find qualified employees
- Establishing and maintaining files for persons served and their families
- Helping to answer questions and resolve complaints
Get in Touch
Have questions about managing your own services and supports? Call our Minnesota enrollment specialists to learn more. You can also get in touch with GT’s customer service representatives.
Enrollment Specialists: 651.247.7107
Customer Service (Toll-free): 877.659.4500