Long-Term Care Program Overview
It can be difficult to find the right services and support to help you stay in your home or community. If you are aging or have certain health issues, a brain injury, or a physical disability, you have choices. The Florida Long-Term Care Program helps you get support in your own home, from people you know and trust. The program offers a wide range of services. It can meet your basic needs—such as personal care, meals, homemaking, and transportation. You can also have skilled nursing, medical equipment, various therapies, and much, much more.
Who the Long-Term Care Program Serves
- People age 65 and over for aging-related services
- People age 18-64 for services due to a brain injury, physical disability, or certain illnesses
- Those eligible for both Medicaid and Medicare Parts A & B
- Residents of authorized program areas
- People needing nursing home-level care and meeting one or more established clinical criteria (as determined by the Comprehensive Assessment and Review for Long-Term Care Services (CARES) unit at the Department of Elder Affairs)
With the Florida Long-Term Care Program, You Can…
- Self-direct your own care
- Hire people you trust to provide support
- Schedule the time you receive services
- Review and approve employee’s timesheets
How GT Independence Supports You
At GT, we believe that you should have the freedom to choose how to live your life. This includes choosing who provides your needed support.
We take a person-centered approach to your financial management services here at GT. This means we work hard to provide you with an exceptional customer experience. As your advocates for self-direction, we’re here to help you live the life you choose. We do this by:
- Coordinating your enrollment paperwork
- Conducting background checks for your employees
- Handling time tracking, tax filings, and insurance
- Processing payroll and issuing payments to your employees
- Assisting with verifying your employee’s citizenship status
- Creating and maintaining files
- Assisting members with resolving questions and complaints
Have questions about self-directing your own services with the Long-Term Care Program?