GT IndependenceWhere We ServeMaineHome and Community-Based Services for Adults with Other Related Conditions

HCBS for Adults With Other Related Conditions

HCBS for Adults With Other Related Conditions (ORC) Overview

This program supports adults (age 21 and older) with severe, chronic disabilities. This program helps you live a more independent life. You can stay in your own home and community while receiving the support services you need to maintain your well-being. You can also decide who to hire to help you. To join this program, you must meet the eligibility requirements, which are determined by a Medical Eligibility Determination (MED) assessment

Who HCBS for Adults with ORC Serves

  • Adults over the age of 21 years old
  • Adults eligible for Maine Medicaid (MaineCare)
  • Adults who qualify for institutional level of care, but want to live in the community 

With HCBS for Adults with ORC, You Can…

  • Hire, manage, and fire caregivers 
  • Pay caregivers very competitive wages 
  • Set a schedule for caregivers that meets your needs 
  • Decide what type of training your caregivers will need 
  • Submit timesheets from your devices
  • Follow state rules and requirements, like electronic visit verification (EVV)
  • Get support services in your own home and community  
  • Live independently 

How GT Independence Supports You

At GT Independence, we believe you should be able to experience life on your own terms. As a family-owned and disability-led financial management service (FMS), we help you manage your services.

You control your care. We take care of the details. This includes all the paperwork, like taxes and payments to your caregivers. We also handle all background screenings for your support providers. Our goal is to give you the support you need to self-direct your own care. 

  • Coordinating all enrollment paperwork
  • Conducting all required caregiver background checks
  • Handling time tracking, tax filings, and insurance concerns 
  • Processing payroll and issuing caregiver payments
  • Assisting members in verifying caregiver citizenship status 
  • Establishing and maintaining member files
  • Helping to answer questions and resolve complaints

Get in Touch

An FMS like GT can help you receive high-quality care in your own home—without the high costs of assisted living, nursing homes, or traditional care providers. For more information, please contact your Service Coordination Agency. Or, get in touch with us at GT Independence.

Toll-free: 1.877.659.4500