How do I hire long-term services for myself or a loved one?
With Maine’s self-directed services, you have the right to live the life you choose—right in your own home and community, no matter your age or ability.
Everyone’s situation is different. For some, self-direction means the ability to receive services and support from someone they choose. Or, it may simply be that as you get older you want to continue living where you choose and get care from someone you trust. For others, it’s supporting parents so that they can care for children with disabilities. No matter your situation, self-direction helps you hire the long-term support services that are right for you.
People choose self-directed services for their care for many reasons. GT Independence is here to support your decision. You make all the important choices—like who to hire, when to schedule support, how to manage your care, and even the ability to fire if things aren’t working out. We take care of the paperwork and are here to answer questions you may have.
GT Independence works with these programs in Maine:
- Consumer Directed Attendant Services
- Home and Community Benefits for the Elderly and for Adults with Disabilities
- Private Duty Nursing and Personal Care Services
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) for Adults with Brain Injury
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) for Adults with Other Related Conditions
You deserve to live the life you choose. GT is here to make that easier.
Would you like someone to walk you through the process?