Home and Community Benefits for the Elderly and for Adults with Disabilities
Home and Community Benefits for the Elderly and for Adults with Disabilities Overview
This program helps you get in-home care and other services. And, it’s for people who self-direct, so you choose your support services. Everything you need gets packaged together. Services can include meal delivery, personal care, health management, transportation, and much more. The program helps people live where they choose, whether that’s your own home or another setting.
Who Home and Community Benefits for the Elderly and for Adults with Disabilities Serves
- Adults over the age of 18
- People who need nursing home level of care, based on a Medical Eligibility Determination (MED) assessment
- People who are eligible for Maine Medicaid
With This Program, You Can…
- Hire, manage, and fire caregivers
- Pay caregivers very competitive wages
- Set a schedule for caregivers that meets your needs
- Decide what type of training your caregivers will need
- Submit timesheets from your devices
- Follow state rules and requirements, like electronic visit verification (EVV)
- Get support services in your own home and community
- Live independently
How GT Independence Supports You
At GT, we believe that you should have the freedom to choose how to live your life. This includes choosing who provides your needed support services.
We take a person-centered approach for your financial management services here at GT. This means we work hard to provide you with an exceptional customer experience. As your advocates, we’re here to help you live the life you choose. We do this by:
- Coordinating all enrollment paperwork
- Conducting all required caregiver background checks
- Handling time tracking, tax filings, and insurance concerns
- Processing payroll and issuing caregiver payments
- Assisting members in verifying caregiver citizenship status
- Establishing and maintaining member files
- Assisting members with resolving questions and complaints
Submit a Referral
If you’re ready to self-direct your services or know someone who is, it’s easy to get started. Just fill out our simple referral form.
Get in Touch
A fiscal intermediary like GT can help you receive high-quality care in your own home and from people you choose. For more information, please contact your Service Coordination Agency. Or, get in touch with us at GT Independence.