GT IndependenceWhere We ServeMinnesotaMinnesota Consumer Support Grant

Consumer Support Grant

Consumer Support Grant Overview

With the Consumer Support Grant (CSG) program, you can use some Medicaid dollars for your home care services and supports. Through the program, the state funds that would be used to pay for your needs are converted into a cash grant. Then, you can use that grant to pay for the home and community-based services important to you. You can hire friends or family members—including a parent or spouse—to help you. And, you can use the money to pay for items that help you be more independent.

Who the Consumer Support Grant Serves

  • People of all ages
  • Those using state-only dollars
  • Looking for an alternative for the PCA program
  • Are limited in how they function 
  • Need ongoing support to live in the community
  • Live in your own home setting
  • Live in a county that offers the Consumer Support Grant program

With the Consumer Support Grant, You Can… 

  • Pay for a variety of services and supports beyond home health aide  
  • Hire people you know and trust, including a parent or spouse 
  • Manage the goods and services that help you live more independently in your home
  • Be in charge of your budget  
  • Decide when and where you should receive services and supports

How GT Independence Supports You 

At GT, we believe that you should have the freedom to choose how to live your life. This includes choosing who provides your needed services and supports. 

We take a person-centered approach for your financial management services here at GT. This means we work hard to provide you with an exceptional customer experience. As your advocates for self-determination, we’re here to help you live the life you choose. We do this by:

  • Coordinating all enrollment paperwork
  • Conducting all required employee background checks
  • Handling time tracking, tax filings, and insurance concerns 
  • Processing payroll and issuing employee payments
  • Helping you and your family find qualified employees 
  • Establishing and maintaining files you and your family
  • Helping to answer questions and resolve complaints

Get in Touch

Have questions about managing your own services and supports? Call our Minnesota enrollment specialists to learn more. You can also get in touch with GT’s customer service representatives.

Enrollment Specialists: 651.247.7107
Customer Service (Toll-free): 877.659.4500