Family Care – PACE

Family Care PACE Overview

If you live in certain Wisconsin counties, you may qualify for Family Care PACE. Through PACE, you have a team of health professionals working with you and your family to create a plan for your care. You might work with them at your local PACE center, and you may have services brought into your home. A range of long-term care services are available, including primary care, prescription drugs, medical transportation, and various therapies. See the full list by clicking here. You decide which items are important to you and how, when, and where they are delivered.

Who PACE Serves 

  • Adult residents, age 55 or older, of Milwaukee, Racine, or Waukesha counties  
  • Adults who need the type of care found in nursing homes  
  • Adults who can live safely in the community with assistance 

With Family Care PACE, You [Member] can…

  • Continue to live at home while getting long-term care services
  • Self-direct your home care, so you live the life of your choosing
  • Hire people you know—family, friend, or neighbor—to provide for your needs
  • Avoid moving to a nursing home or other institutional setting

How GT Independence supports your choice to Self-Direct

At GT, we believe that you should have the freedom to choose how to live your life. This includes choosing who provides your long-term care services. 

We take a person-centered approach for your financial management services here at GT. This means we work hard to provide you with an exceptional customer experience. As your advocates, we’re here to help you live the life you choose. We do this by:

  • Coordinating your enrollment paperwork 
  • Conducting background checks for your employees
  • Handling time tracking, tax filings, and insurance
  • Processing payroll and issuing payments to your employees on time
  • Providing helpful, secure technology tools 
  • Assisting with verifying your employee’s citizenship status  
  • Creating and maintaining files 
  • Helping to answer questions and resolve complaints  
  • Keeping a list of qualified caregivers on our Caregiver Link registry

Learn About Eligibility

To learn if you are eligible for Family Care PACE, you will need to contact your local Aging, Disability, Resource Center (ADRC). Call toll-free 1.800.362.3002 (voice) or 711 (TTY).

Call to Action

Are you ready to direct your services with the help of a fiscal employer/agent (FE/A)? Please get in touch with GT Independence. Call toll-free 1.877.659.4500 or email