GT IndependenceWhere We ServeWisconsinFamily Care – Partnership

Family Care – Partnership

Family Care Partnership Overview

If you live in certain Wisconsin counties, you may qualify for Family Care Partnership. With the Partnership program, you have a team of professionals who help manage your health and your long-term care services together. You decide what those services will look like and who will deliver them (and when and where). You choose from a full range of options that will help you live safely and comfortably in your home or community. See the complete list by clicking here

Who Family Care Partnership Serves 

  • Adult residents of Milwaukee, Racine, or Waukesha counties
  • Adults aged 65 or older who are frail
  • Aged 18 or older who have a physical disability
  • Aged 18 or older who have an intellectual or developmental disability 

Please note: If you have a child with physical or intellectual/developmental disabilities, you can plan for their future before their 18th birthday. Contact your local ADRC (Aging Disability Resource Centers) and MCO (Managed care organizations) to get started.

With Family Care Partnership, You Can…

  • Continue to live at home while getting long-term care services
  • Self-direct your home care, so you live the life of your choosing
  • Hire people you know—family, friend, or neighbor—to provide for your needs
  • Avoid moving to a nursing home or other institutional setting

How GT Independence Supports Your Choice to Self-Direct

At GT, we believe that you should have the freedom to choose how to live your life. This includes choosing who provides your long-term care services. 

We take a person-centered approach for your financial management services here at GT. This means we work hard to provide you with an exceptional customer experience. As your advocates, we’re here to help you live the life you choose. We do this by:

  • Coordinating your enrollment paperwork 
  • Conducting background checks for your employees
  • Handling time tracking, tax filings, and insurance
  • Processing payroll and issuing payments to your employees on time
  • Providing helpful, secure technology tools 
  • Assisting with verifying your employee’s citizenship status  
  • Creating and maintaining files 
  • Helping to answer questions and resolve complaints  
  • Keeping a list of qualified caregivers on our Caregiver Link registry

Learn About Eligibility

To learn if you are eligible for Family Care Partnership, you will need to contact your local Aging, Disability, Resource Center (ADRC). Call toll-free 1.800.362.3002 (voice) or 711 (TTY).

Ready to get started?

Are you ready to direct your services with the help of a fiscal employer/agent (FE/A)? Please get in touch with GT Independence.

Call toll-free: 1.877.659.4500