IRIS Program Overview
IRIS Stands for Include, Respect, I Self-Direct
The IRIS program lets you self-direct the care you need to live a life of independence in your home or community. Self-direction means that you choose the goods, services, and other support that are important to you. You manage your budget and are the employer of people who provide care. That means you choose whom to hire, and you decide how, when, and where they provide services. You are in control—you have the freedom to live the life you choose.
Who the IRIS Program Serves
The IRIS program is for people who live in Wisconsin and who:
- Are at least 18 years old
- Are eligible for Medicaid
- Have a disability or need the type of care found in nursing homes
- Live in your own home or a residential setting
With the IRIS Program, You Can…
- Continue to live at home while getting services and support
- Self-direct your home care, so you live the life of your choosing
- Hire people you know—family, friend, or neighbor—to provide for your needs
- Choose an IRIS Consultant Agency (ICA) and an IRIS Consultant (IC) to help you manage your choices
- Pick a Fiscal/Employer Agent (F/EA) to help you with the paperwork that comes with being an employer of your caregivers
- Can use the IRIS handbook to find more information
How GT Independence Supports You
At GT, we believe that you should have the freedom to choose how to live your life. This includes choosing who provides your needed support.
We take a person-centered approach for your financial management services here at GT. This means we work hard to provide you with an exceptional customer experience. As your advocates for self-direction, we’re here to help you live the life you choose. We do this by:
- Coordinating your enrollment paperwork
- Conducting background checks for your employees
- Handling time tracking, tax filings, and insurance
- Processing payroll and issuing payments to your employees on time
- Providing helpful, secure technology tools
- Assisting with verifying your employee’s citizenship status
- Creating and maintaining files
- Helping participants with resolving questions and complaints
- Keeping a list of qualified caregivers on our Find a Caregiver registry on the GT Portal
Ready to Self-Direct Your Services?
Please get in touch. Everyone at GT Independence is here to help.
Learn More About the IRIS Program
To learn more about the IRIS program, please contact your local Aging, Disability, Resource Center (ADRC). Call 800.362.3002 (voice) or 711 (TTY).
View Helpful Forms and Packets for the IRIS Program
Enroll an IRIS Participant or Participant-Hired Worker on DocuSign
10 Frequently Asked Questions About EVV in Wisconsin