January 6, 2023
Services My Way Is Only Available in the District of Columbia
Before Downloading the Services My Way (SMW) Participant Guide
If you got referred to the Services My Way program, it might feel like there’s a lot to learn. But don’t worry. This is your stop with many helpful resources in one place. This page also has the SMW Participant Guide. The guide is a comprehensive overview of everything you need to know about self-directing your support in the SMW program. It was written by the DHCF (Department of Health Care Finance). The guide also has places you can write notes and record helpful information all in one place.
The guide covers the following topics:
- Getting Started
- Designating an Authorized Representative
- Developing and Implementing an Emergency Backup Plan
- Designating Emergency Backup PDWs
- Developing and Implementing Your PDS Budget
- Monitoring your PDS Spending
- Enrolling as a Common Law Employer with the FMS Support Broker (that’s us!)
- Recruiting and Hiring Your PDWs
- Being an Employer
- Remediation, Training, and Termination Policy
- Voluntary Termination from the Services My Way Program
- Using PDS
- Purchasing Individual-directed Goods and Services
- Home and Personal Safety
Download the Comprehensive SHW Participant Guide
What does enrolling in Services My Way look like?
Enrollment is a process that takes 4 – 6 weeks. While this might seem long, just remember this: you’re setting yourself up to live independently for the rest of your life. That’s impressive–and a lot of work. GT is here to help you through each step.
Total Enrollment Time: 4-6 Weeks
What happens after enrollment?
After enrollment, GT continues to support you along the way. Your support broker checks in with you every month. They review your services and help you navigate your role as a participant. Every three months, your support broker meets with you in person. And, of course, we’re only a phone call or email away.