California HCBS Waiver and Self-Determination Program for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities
COVID-19 Update: As a result of the current pandemic, the California Department of Developmental Services announced the temporary expansion of services under the Participant-Directed Program. Click Here to learn more.
Additionally, to support social distancing, please be aware that all regional center and GT Independence informational sessions, orientations, trainings, etc., have been transitioned to telecommunications until further notice.
Financial Management Services in California
GT Independence provides Financial Management Services in California for the Home and Community Based Services Waiver for Californians with Developmental Disabilities (HCBS) and the Self-Determination Program Waiver for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities (SDP), including those who are developmentally disabled or those who have a substantial disability.
Are you an individual or family member looking for information on Participant-Directed or Self-Determination services?Learn More
Are you from the California Department of Disability Services, from a California Regional Center, or a Independent Facilitator or Service Coordinator and would like further resources/information about Participant-Directed or Self-Determination Services?Learn More
View our webinars about self-direction in California.See Webinars
(Select here for Spanish)
Benefits of Choosing GT Independence
GT Independence is a national leader in technology serving self-directed programs. We offer a secure personal portal account for accessing reports and documents, a state-of-the art Caregiver App, and other great tools.
Face-to-face eEnrollment process
GT Independence makes starting self-direction fast and easy with our in-home eEnrollment process where one of our friendly staff will guide you through the program forms and requirements and provide access to tools and training.
Dedicated Customer Service
Our customers reach a real person in less than 30 seconds on average when calling us and over 98% of customers report that they are satisfied with services from GT Independence.
Values based company providing local services
GT Independence is a family owned and operated company and we are passionate about providing the support that individuals need to live the life of their choosing.
How to select GT as your Fiscal Employer Agent
Contact your regional center to determine your eligibility under the HCBS Waiver or SDP Waiver.
Once it’s been determined that you are eligible for services, let your intake coordinator or service coordinator know you would like to participant-direct your services, or sign up for the self-determination waitlist ahead of the June 2021 state-wide roll out.
Select GT Independence as your Financial Management Services provider.
Call the California director of state services at 213.200.3641 or call our toll-free customer service number at 877.651.4500 to schedule your one-on-one in-person enrollment meeting.
Your GT Independence Contact
Director of State Services
Person-Centered Planning Resources
California Department of Developmental Services
The California Department of Developmental Services (DDS) ensures that Californians with developmental disabilities have the opportunity to lead independent, productive lives in their community of choice.
- Submit a complaint to the DDS
- DDS Telephone Number: (916) 654-1987
TTY: (916) 654-2054
- Contact the DDS
- DDS Consumer Complaint and Appeal Process
- Procesos de quejas y apelaciones para el consumidor
Publications and Online Resources
- “It’s My Choice”by Bill Allen, published by Department of Health and Human Services, Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Minnesota – a workbook with tools for person-centered planning
- Person-Centered Planning: Pathways to Your Future – A toolkit for anyone interested in Person-Centered Planning, Sonoran University Center for Excellence in Disabilities, Department of Family & Community Medicine, University of Arizona – an overview of the person-centered planning process with tips for those in an individual’s circle of support
- Person Centered Planning Educationby Cornell University Employment and Disability Institute – courses with readings, activities, resources, and quizzes
- Person Centered Planningfrom PACER’s National Parent Center on Transition and Employment – a brief summary of the planning process with additional links and resources
- 5 Key Parts of Person-Centered Planning: An Easy Read Guide – a plain language guide to the principles of person-centered planning
- Sally Burton-Hoyle’s presentation at the California Self-Determination Conference in 2014– why person-centered planning is critical for Self-Determination, witness a person-centered plan, and other videos (58:13 minutes)
- Sally Burton-Hoyle presentation for the Michigan Alliance for Families– a webinar that focuses on person-centered planning (53:26 minutes)
- Video on Person-Centered Planning with Beth Mount– a visually creative take on person-centered planning (2:10 minutes)
- Larry’s Story, His Person-Centered Plan– the story of an individual, in his own words, who has changed his life through person-centered planning (5:24 minutes)
- 5 Key Parts of Person-Centered Planning – Presents the plain language guide listed above (4:26 minutes)
- Video on Person-Centered Planning produced by parents with adult children– Ed Holen and Sue Elliott introduce several planning tools and an interview with a parent and her daughter who discuss how planning tools are important to them (5:10 minutes)